To sign a PDF form, you can type, draw, or insert an image of your handwritten signature or initials.
1. Open the PDF document or form in Acrobat or Reader, and click Fill and Sign in the right pane.
2. Click Fill and Sign in the right pane. The Fill and Sign options are displayed.
3. Click the Sign icon in the Fill & Sign toolbar, and then choose whether you want to add your signature or just initials.
If you are signing for the first time, you see the Signature or Initials panel. Click the + sign to Add Signature.
4. Below is an example of the Signature panel.
To move the placed signature or initial, click the field to highlight it and then use the arrow keys.
To resize or delete the field, use the options in field toolbar.
When this check box is selected, and you're signed in to Acrobat Reader or Acrobat, the added signature is saved securely in Adobe Document Cloud for reuse.
Click , and then click at the place in the PDF where you want to place the signature or initial.
6. You can choose to type, draw, or import a signature image. Added signatures and initials are saved for future use.
Type your name in the field. You can choose from a small selection of signature styles; click Change Style to view a different style.
Draw your signature in the field.
Browse and select an image of your signature. If you want to use an image as your signature, sign your name in black ink on a clean, blank sheet of white paper. Sign in the middle of the paper so you don't photograph or scan the edges. Photograph or scan your signature.
If you are taking a picture of your signature, make sure that the page is illuminated and that no shadows fall across the signature.
Transfer the photo or scan to your computer. Acrobat/Reader accepts JPG, JPEG, PNG, GIF, TIFF, TIF, and BMP files.
You do not need to crop the image. Acrobat/Reader imports just the signature if the photo or scan is fairly clean.
How to Send your PDF Form to others
7. After you have created form and clicked on the toolbar, click .
Send your form using any of the following methods:
Send an anonymous or public link to your signed document
Send a copy of the signed document in a personalized email
Send the document to get signatures from others