After the email cutover you will need to take some steps to properly set up your email client.
You can follow these steps using Microsoft 365/Office 365 or Office 2019. Please note that you may see some graphical differences between those programs, but the steps will remain the same.
Using the Mac Outlook App? [click here]
Using the Outlook Web Application (OWA)? [click here]
STEP ONE: CREATING A NEW PROFILE FOR YOUR EMAIL ACCOUNTS
1. Open the M365 Outlook Client
2. Click on File
3. Click on the Account Settings Tab, then click on Manage Profiles
4. Click to select the account you want to remove, then click Remove
5. A pop up will show on screen, click Yes
6. Add a Profile Name
7. Enter a name if it is nor filled in automatically, then Enter your CUNYfirst credentials (firstname.lastnameXX@LOGIN.CUNY.EDU where XX are the last two digits of your EMPLID), enter your CUNYfirst password, then click Next >
8. Your account will be searched for on the Microsoft Cloud
9. Once found, a Microsoft pop up will you to sign in. Enter your CUNYfirst credentials (firstname.lastnameXX@LOGIN.CUNY.EDU) if it is not already filled in, then click Next
10. Once the Account is found and added, click Finish
11. Click Always use the profile then click the drop down arrow and select the profile you just made
12. Click Apply, then click OK
13. Restart your Outlook client. You may notice longer than usual start up times as the app syncs with the server.
STEP TWO: ADDING YOUR OLD QC EMAIL ACCOUNT TO YOUR NEW PROFILE
14. Open the M365 Outlook Client
15. Click on File
17. Enter your old QC email address (firstname.lastname@example.org), then click Connect
18. Select Exchange on the next window
19. Wait for the Account to be made ready
20. If you get a popup Security Alert, click Yes
21. On the next pop up, click More choices, then click Use a different account
22. Enter in your old QC email shortname account (email@example.com) in the username field, enter your old QC email password in the next field, check Remember my credentials, then click OK
23. Restart your Outlook client. You may notice longer than usual start up times as the app syncs with the server. If you are prompted to authenticate your account (Windows Security pop up window) please repeat steps 21 and 22 on the pop up.
Congratulations! Your accounts are now ready to be used.
Now you can create an export backup file of your old mailbox to merge into your new account. Find out how by [clicking here]