To merge courses
A Child (aka Source) course is the course whose roster will be added to the Parent (aka Target) course. It’s the first course you select in this process. Only the rosters, not the course content, will be merged. Add all content to the Parent course and make the Child course unavailable. All students should login to the Parent course.
Look for the Section Merge Tool Module on the Blackboard Home Page and click “Click here to Create and Manage Merged Courses.”
Click on “Setup New Merged Course.”
- Under “Select Courses to Merge,” select a Child Course. If you are merging two courses, select only one course. Do not select the course that will be the Parent course.
- Under “Select an Existing Course,” select the Parent Course. Select only one course and click Submit.
- Click on OK to confirm that you want to merge the courses.
- When the courses have successfully merged, you will see this message:
- Check the roster of your Parent course. It should now list all students from both courses. Upload all content to this course. Students from both courses should log in to the Parent course.
- Go back to the Child course and make it unavailable to prevent students from entering the wrong course
To unmerge courses
- To unmerge or disassociate the courses, go back to the link in the Section Merge Tool on the Blackboard Home Page and click on “Click here to Create and Manage Merged Courses.”
- Your Parent course(s) are listed here. Click on “Disassociate” to unmerge the courses.
3. This message confirms that you have successfully disassociated the two courses.
Original Document created by Queen College Center for Teaching and Learning.
Link to original document: http://bit.ly/course-merge-guide